Mainstreaming Community Development in Social Work Presentations
Community development is at the forefront of social work practice in many sectors and settings. This resource provides access to presentations presented by social work candidates from 2018-2019 Community Development Approaches Programme, SHSCT including: Addressing loneliness and poverty amongst the older population, Co-production and learning disability and Child sexual exploitation.
The Social Care Council in partnership with Fergal O’Brien, Regional Co-ordinator for the Social Work Community Development Approved Programme hosted and presented a virtual lunchtime seminar on “Mainstreaming Community Development in Social Work” on 19 October 2020.
Speakers included the following:
- Dave Milliken, Research Assistant, Belfast Health and Social Care Trust (BHSCT)
- Jolene McMorris-Cloughley, Social Worker, Southern Health and Social Care Trust (SHSCT)
- Linda Laverty, Social Worker and Group Facilitator, Belfast Health and Social Care Trust (BHSCT)
- Charmaine McNally, Social Work lead for Primary Care, Western Health and Social Care Trust (WHSCT)
- Julie Hamilton, Deputy Team Leader, Marmion Children’s Home, South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust (SEHSCT)
- Lucianne Laken, Carer Leaver
- Alistair McKenzie, Hospital Social Worker, SEHSCT
- Paul Sibley, Renal Patient
- Niall McAleavey, Social Worker, Community Learning Disability Team, Belfast Health and Social Care Trust (BHSCT)
- Leah Curlett, Senior Social Worker, Carrickfergus Community Care Team, Northern Health and Social Care Trust (NHSCT)
If you need any help/support using/accessing the above digital resources, please email email@example.com
NB: The resources work best when launched from Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Safari web browsers.