Mainstreaming Community Development in Social Work - Lunchtime Seminar
This resource provides access to presentations delivered at a Northern Ireland Social Care Council virtual lunch time seminar held on 19 October 2020.
Community development is at the forefront of social work practice in many sectors and settings.
The Northern Ireland Social Care Council in partnership with Fergal O'Brien, Regional Co-ordinator for the Social Work Community Development Approved Programme hosted and presented a virtual lunchtime seminar on "Mainstreaming Community Development in Social Work".
Speakers included the following:
- Dave Milliken, Research Assistant, Belfast Health and Social Care Trust (BHSCT)
- Jolene McMorris-Cloughley, Social Worker, Southern Health and Social Care Trust (SHSCT)
- Linda Laverty, Social Worker and Group Facilitator, Belfast Health and Social Care Trust (BHSCT)
- Charmaine McNally, Social Work lead for Primary Care, Western Health and Social Care Trust (WHSCT)
- Julie Hamilton, Deputy Team Leader, Marmion Children’s Home, South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust (SEHSCT)
- Lucianne Laken, Carer Leaver
- Alistair McKenzie, Hospital Social Worker, SEHSCT
- Paul Sibley, Renal Patient
- Niall McAleavey, Social Worker, Community Learning Disability Team, Belfast Health and Social Care Trust (BHSCT)
- Leah Curlett, Senior Social Worker, Carrickfergus Community Care Team, Northern Health and Social Care Trust (NHSCT)
Scroll down and click on "Open Adapt Module" to access the resource.
If you need any help/support accessing/using these guides, please contact the Social Care Council.
Click here to provide feedback.