Child Development App 7-12 Years
Mobile App designed for social workers, early years workers, teaching professionals, youth and community workers and parents working with/supporting children aged 7 – 12 years. This App is being redeveloped and an updated version will be available soon.
The is the second App in the Child Development App series and it was developed in partnership with the University of Ulster (UU) and Queens University Belfast (QUB). The content was provided by Dr Anne Campbell (QUB) and Professor Mary McColgan (UU). The App also benefited from input from the social work, early years and education professionals who joined the Child Development App Steering Group convened by the NISCC.
The App allows learners/users to:
- Understand child development issues relevant to the 7-12 years age group.
- Make links with knowledge obtained from the Understanding Child Development for 0-6 Children app.
Access further reading and pertinent video links in relation to children and young person’s developmental milestones.
- Utilise theoretical frameworks, via succinct knowledge synopses, video links and hyperlinked references to enhance an understanding of child development within the specified age range.
- Draw on significant legislation and policy relevant to work with children, young people and looked after children in the 7-12 years age grouping.
- Utilise and reflect on pertinent case studies which are based on realistic scenarios in
- Critically reflect on observational skills and knowledge aligned to practice with children and
young people in the identified age group.
- Inform decision making skills whilst on practice placement or within the work setting.
- Enhance professional competence in relation to decision making based on observation,
assessment of child development.
If you have an iPhone/iPad, you can download this app free from iTunes using the link below.
If you have an Android smartphone/tablet, you can download the app free from the Google Play store using the link below.
NB: The App is being redeveloped and an updated version will be available soon.
If you need any help/support using this resource, please contact NISCC.